Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
 

Erected Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 287 pictures in our Erected collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Scout Log Cabin Rockerfeller Centre, New York Featured Print

Scout Log Cabin Rockerfeller Centre, New York

A log cabin (with roof and chinks fortified against wind and cold) erected by a Troop of Boy Scouts atop the 70th floor roof of the RCA Building at Rockefeller Center, New York. Scout Dick Berger of Troop 89, Flushing, sounds the "Call to Colors" and the American Flag was raised, flying over the Rockefeller Center throughout National Scout Week, February 8th to 14th.
1930s

© The Scout Association / Mary Evans

Queen Eleanor's Cross, Northampton Featured Print

Queen Eleanor's Cross, Northampton

Queen Eleanor's Cross, Northampton. The Eleanor crosses were 12 originally wooden, but later lavishly decorated stone, monuments, of which three survive intact, in a line down part of the east of England. King Edward I had the crosses erected between 1291 and 1294 in memory of his wife Eleanor of Castile, marking the resting-places along the route taken by her body as it was taken to London. The Northampton cross is still standing at the edge of Delapre Abbey; the King stayed at nearby Northampton Castle. This cross was begun in 1291 by John of Battle. He worked with William of Ireland to carve the statues.

© Mary Evans / Grenville Collins Postcard Collection

The Duke of Edinburgh opening the Seamen's Orphanage in Live Featured Print

The Duke of Edinburgh opening the Seamen's Orphanage in Live

Prince Alfred, Duke of Edinburgh, opening the Seamen's Orphanage, Liverpool in 1870. The Liverpool Seamen's Orphan Institution was established in order to provide care and education for the many Liverpool children who lost families at sea. A group of Liverpool merchants and shipowners funded the establishment of the orphanage in 1869, in a temporary rented building on Duke Street. In 1870 Liverpool City Council donated land next to Newsham Park and a large building was erected to house and educate the orphans. The building had separate wings for boys and girls but shared dining facilities, hospital and classrooms. All orphans were taught reading and writing. In addition girls learnt knitting and needlework and boys were instructed in carpentry. The Institution also made an agreement with the 'Indefatigable' training ship, to train boys after leaving the orphanage.

© Illustrated London News Ltd/Mary Evans