Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004

Fresh Gallery

Available as Framed Photos, Canvas Prints, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 298 pictures in our Fresh collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Photos, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Injured soldiers, WW1, 3rd Southern General Hospital, Oxford Featured Print

Injured soldiers, WW1, 3rd Southern General Hospital, Oxford

Injured soldiers - WW1 - No. 1003 Cowley Section - 3rd Southern General Hospital, Oxford. The importance of light and fresh air in aiding recovery was very prevalent in medical thinking at this time, hence the outdoor booths/bays and wheeled beds enabling the patients to be wheeled out into the sunlight to receive a hearty top-up of Vitamin D. Date: circa 1916

Sister and patient, Convalescent Police Seaside Home, Hove Featured Print

Sister and patient, Convalescent Police Seaside Home, Hove

A nursing sister and her patient in the surgery of the Convalescent Police Seaside Home at 205 Kingsway, Hove, East Sussex. Sister Jean Montgomery gives a fresh dressing to PC Andrew Barrie of the Metropolitan Police D Division (Assistant Warrant Officer, Court) who has had a cartilage operation. Date: late 1960s

© Mary Evans Picture Library

A Fish Auction in Columbia Market Featured Print

A Fish Auction in Columbia Market

In 1869 Baroness Burdett-Coutts paid for the building of the great Columbia Market (for fish) between Hackney and Bethnal Green Roads on the site of Nova Scotia Gardens, a squalid area of tenements and hovels and dust heaps. The cost of building the market was estimated at 200, 000. It was a philanthropic enterprise to make a clearance of the slum dwellings which clustered so thickly in the area but also to help the local people to have supplies of cheap fresh produce. Lack of support from wholesalers and small traders who preferred the open streets ensured its failure and it closed in 1885 and eventually became a bit of a white elephant and was demolished between 1958 and 1966"

© Illustrated London News Ltd/Mary Evans