sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
 

1958 Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 334 pictures in our 1958 collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Featured Print

Group watching the Henley Regatta from boat, July 1958

A group of people including; Mr Alan Adams, Mr Robin Gibbs, Mr Tony Gibbs, Miss Rachel Chandler and Mr Denis Adams, watching the racing on the last day of the Henley Royal Regatta from a cabin cruiser named "Paris". The competition in 1958 is noted for poor weather, except for on the final day, and prizes were presented by his Excellency the Rt. Hon. Sir Eric Harrison, K.C.V.O., High Commissioner for Australia. Date: 1958

Featured Print

Dali's Studio

Salvador Dali (1904-1989) is photographed here with an enlarged photograph of a sea-urchin, suggesting a surrealist pattern to come - in the left foreground. The plaster shape at the top of the background is a model of an atom. Date: 06/08/1958

© Illustrated London News Ltd/Mary Evans

06, 07, 08, 1904, 1958, 1989, 21, Atom, Back Ground, Dali, Dec, Enlarged, Foreground, Iln, Import, Left, Model, Pattern, Photographed, Plaster, Salvador, Sea, Shape, Studio, Suggesting, Surrealist, Top, Urchin

Featured Print

A Fish Auction in Columbia Market

In 1869 Baroness Burdett-Coutts paid for the building of the great Columbia Market (for fish) between Hackney and Bethnal Green Roads on the site of Nova Scotia Gardens, a squalid area of tenements and hovels and dust heaps. The cost of building the market was estimated at 200, 000. It was a philanthropic enterprise to make a clearance of the slum dwellings which clustered so thickly in the area but also to help the local people to have supplies of cheap fresh produce. Lack of support from wholesalers and small traders who preferred the open streets ensured its failure and it closed in 1885 and eventually became a bit of a white elephant and was demolished between 1958 and 1966"

© Illustrated London News Ltd/Mary Evans