Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
Home > Images Dated > 2017 > October > 12 Oct 2017

Images Dated 12th October 2017

Available as Framed Photos, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 109 pictures in our Images Dated 12th October 2017 collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Photos, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Mr and Mrs Derek Jackson (Pamela Mitford) Featured 12 Oct 2017 Print

Mr and Mrs Derek Jackson (Pamela Mitford)

Pamela Freeman Mitford, second daughter of Baron and Lady Redesdale; the quietest of the six infamous Mitford sisters. Pictured with her husband Derek Jackson at the Heythrop Hunt. Derek was an expert horseman who won many steeplechases and rode in the Grand National. He was also an airman of legendary courage, pioneer of radar defence systems, a distinguished physicist and Professor of Spectroscopy at Oxford University. Pam, nicknamed Woman by her elder sister Nancy was content with rural pursuits - horses, dogs, chickens and gardening, and is thus far less notorious than her sisters. Date: 1939

© Illustrated London News Ltd/Mary Evans

Lady Stavordale and her interests Featured 12 Oct 2017 Print

Lady Stavordale and her interests

Montage photograph of Lady Stavordale, formerly Helen Elizabeth Ward, wife of Edward Fox-Strangways, 7th Earl of Ilchester. Pictured surrounded by all her favourite things - her children Teresa and Giles (who died aged 13), her dogs, Wendy the Pekingese and Polly the Sealyham Terrier, their home of Evershot in Dorset, her horse White Sox and a set of golf clubs. Date: 1938

© Illustrated London News Ltd/Mary Evans

Bishop, architect and future cathedral Featured 12 Oct 2017 Print

Bishop, architect and future cathedral

Frederick Gibberd, architect of the catholic Metropolitan Cathedral in Liverpool, fondly nicknamed Paddy's Wigwam by local residents, pictured looking at the model for the building with the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Liverpool, the Most Rev. John Carmel Heenan. The design replaced the original by Edwin Lutyens as it was deemed to costly to continue after the First World War. The building was opened in 1967 and is one of Liverpool's most famous and treasured landmarks. Date: 1961

© Illustrated London News Ltd/Mary Evans