Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
 

Tavern Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 231 pictures in our Tavern collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


The new coffee tavern at Bradford Featured Print

The new coffee tavern at Bradford

Interior and exterior views of the new coffee tavern in Bradford, inaugurated by W. E Forster, M.P in 1879. The Coffee Tavern movement was a Victorian effort to get people out of pubs. Proposed by the Bradford councillor, alderman and magistrate, Frederick Priestman, the tavern was opened at the junction of Westgate, Ivegate and Kirkgate and was an immediate commercial success serving food as well as coffee. Within a few years there were 28 branches in the Bradford district but with over 400 licensed beer sellers in the area, how much of a sobering effect they had on the local population is debatable.

© Illustrated London News Ltd/Mary Evans

Saracens Head, Snow Hill Featured Print

Saracens Head, Snow Hill

The Saracens Head, Snow Hill. From a sketch taken during its demolition in 1863. It was a celebrated tavern and coaching establishment, which stood on the north side of Snow Hill, without Newgate. It was removed in constructing the Holborn Viaduct in 1863. On the new Snow Hill, but some distance from the old inn, another Saracens Head Hotel has been erected, but it is quite unlike its predecessor in appearance and character. Date: 1863

© Mary Evans / Peter & Dawn Cope Collection
Mary Evans / Peter & Dawn Cope Collection

Old Shops on Cripplegate, London Featured Print

Old Shops on Cripplegate, London

Old Shops on Cripplegate, London, including H B Bentley, Tie and Scarf Manufacturers - McBlain Newton Co - Bakers for the Aerated Bread Company and (in the distance) the 'Somerset' Pub. Today these buildings have all vanished and form part of the Barbican Centre (now Wood Street). Date: circa 1905