Skip to main content

Stations Collection

Background imageStations Collection: Map of London Underground railway, Hampstead Tube

Map of London Underground railway, Hampstead Tube
Map of London Underground railway extension, highlighting the recently opened Hampstead Tube (Charing Cross, Euston & Hampstead Railway), branching out to Golders Green and Highgate. Date: 1907

Background imageStations Collection: LCC-LFB Dockhead fire station, Bermondsey

LCC-LFB Dockhead fire station, Bermondsey
Built by the London County Council (LCC) and opened in 1928, Dockhead fire station replaced two older Bermondsey fire stations that were closed down

Background imageStations Collection: Britains Sea Power Is Yours

Britains Sea Power Is Yours
World War Two propaganda poster for the Royal Navy - Britains Sea Power Is Yours - depicting a British submarine crew at action stations during an attack

Background imageStations Collection: LCC-LFB Tooley Street fire station and its crews

LCC-LFB Tooley Street fire station and its crews
Built in 1879, and located at 165 Tooley Street, this station remained operational until 1928 when the new Dockhead fire station was opened and the engines and crews transferred there

Background imageStations Collection: MFB Bow fire station, East London

MFB Bow fire station, East London
Bow fire station was built for the MFB by the Metropolitan Board of Works in 1868, located in Glebe Road, High Street, Bow E3

Background imageStations Collection: LFCDA-LFB Leyton fire station

LFCDA-LFB Leyton fire station
The fire station at Leyton, located at 90b Church Road, London E10

Background imageStations Collection: Catching the 5: 15 at Liverpool Street by Grace Golden

Catching the 5: 15 at Liverpool Street by Grace Golden
Scene inside Liverpool Street Station in the City of London showing commuters and travelling swarming around the station concourse and platforms as they rush to catch trains to NE London suburbs

Background imageStations Collection: LFDCA-LFB Dockhead fire station, Bermondsey

LFDCA-LFB Dockhead fire station, Bermondsey
Opened in 1928, Dockhead fire station became the setting for the fictitious Blackwall fire station in the popular television series Londons Burning

Background imageStations Collection: GLC-LFB Deptford fire station, Evelyn Street, Deptford

GLC-LFB Deptford fire station, Evelyn Street, Deptford
Deptford fire station was one of the last stations built for the London County Councils Metropolitan Fire Brigade and was opened in 1904

Background imageStations Collection: GLC-LFB New Lewisham fire station appliance room

GLC-LFB New Lewisham fire station appliance room
The appliance room of the newly commissioned Lewisham Fire Station, located in Lewisham High Street, SE London. Showing Lewishams appliances, a pump-escape, pump and emergency tender

Background imageStations Collection: GLC-London Fire Brigade, Clerkenwell fire station

GLC-London Fire Brigade, Clerkenwell fire station
Originally built in 1870, Clerkenwell fire station underwent a major rebuild in 1916 and two additional fire engine bays were added

Background imageStations Collection: LCC-LFB Dockhead fire station, Bermondsey SE1

LCC-LFB Dockhead fire station, Bermondsey SE1
Opened in 1928, Dockhead fire station was also the fictional fire station Blackwall in the highly acclaimed London Weekend Television series Londons Burning (1998-2002)

Background imageStations Collection: London Fire Engine Establishment, list of fire stations

London Fire Engine Establishment, list of fire stations
Formed in 1833, the LFEE took over firefighting in London from the various Insurance Company fire brigades. It had 19 fire stations and its headquarters was located at Watling Street, City of London

Background imageStations Collection: LCC-MFB firefighters at West Hampstead fire station

LCC-MFB firefighters at West Hampstead fire station
Station 20 was West Hampstead fire station, opened in 1901 at 325 West End Road. The firemen are pictured with their horse drawn steam fire engine on the forecourt of the station

Background imageStations Collection: LCC-LFB Burdett Road fire station, East London

LCC-LFB Burdett Road fire station, East London
Built by the London County Council (LCC) and opened in 1904, Burdett Road fire station was located at 141 Burdett Road. It closed in 1972 with the opening of the new Poplar fire station

Background imageStations Collection: LCC-LFB Shoreditch fire station, Hackney

LCC-LFB Shoreditch fire station, Hackney
Built in 1895, station B27, Shoreditch fire station, was located at 140 Tabernacle Street, near Old Street. The stations pump

Background imageStations Collection: Blitz in London -- Whitechapel Fire Station

Blitz in London -- Whitechapel Fire Station
Whitechapel Fire Station in Whitechapel Road having suffered heavy blast damage following a bombing raid on 8 September 1940

Background imageStations Collection: A tube a train at a london underground platform at Euston

A tube a train at a london underground platform at Euston. Northern line. The train is for Tooting via Bank. Date: c. 1930s

Background imageStations Collection: MFB North Kensington fire station, West London

MFB North Kensington fire station, West London
North Kensington was one of the latter fire stations to be built by the MFB in 1882 prior to the creation of the London County Council in 1889

Background imageStations Collection: LCC-LFB Old Kent Road fire station, SE London

LCC-LFB Old Kent Road fire station, SE London
Built by the London County Council, Old Kent Road fire station was located at 306-308 Old Kent Road, SE1. The station closed in 1969 when the new station was opened on the opposite side of the road

Background imageStations Collection: LCC-LFB Dual purpose pump escape at Lambeth HQ

LCC-LFB Dual purpose pump escape at Lambeth HQ
A Dennis F7 pump escape at Lambeth HQ, a classic postwar fire engine newly in service in London. It was powered by a 150 bhp 5.7 litre Rolls-Royce engine and served initially at Lambeth Fire Station

Background imageStations Collection: LCC-LFB Cannon Street fire station, City of London

LCC-LFB Cannon Street fire station, City of London
Cannon Street fire station was opened in 1906. Seen here are its three appliances on the station forecourt. Fire brigade horses had now been replaced by motorised fire appliances

Background imageStations Collection: Croydon Fire Brigade at Brigade HQ, Croydon Town

Croydon Fire Brigade at Brigade HQ, Croydon Town
The horse drawn steam pump form Croydon fire station. This was one of three stations in the Croydon Fire Brigade, the other two being Thornton Heath and South Norwood

Background imageStations Collection: LCC-LFB Bishopsgate fire station, City of London

LCC-LFB Bishopsgate fire station, City of London
Bishopsgate fire station, located at 162 Bishopsgate, City of London, 10 July 1904, showing the combination of horse drawn and mechanised fire engines

Background imageStations Collection: LCC-MFB, HQ station, Southwark SE1

LCC-MFB, HQ station, Southwark SE1
The new headquarters of the Metropolitan Fire Brigade (MFB) opened in 1878 under its Chief Officer Captain Eyre Massey Shaw

Background imageStations Collection: Blitz in London -- Regulars and Auxiliaries side by side

Blitz in London -- Regulars and Auxiliaries side by side
Regular London firefighters side by side with their Auxiliary (AFS) counterparts at Tottenham fire station. The building next door is Tottenham Town Hall

Background imageStations Collection: The River Westbourne running through Sloane Square tube stat

The River Westbourne running through Sloane Square tube stat
A conduit containing the overflow from the Serpentine running above the platforms at Sloane Square underground station. Date: 1909

Background imageStations Collection: Wreck Chart of the British Isles For 1868

Wreck Chart of the British Isles For 1868
Chart showing the positions of all 2131 vessels wrecked around the British Isles during 1868, compiled from the Board of Trade records

Background imageStations Collection: LCC-LFB Shoreditch fire station, City of London

LCC-LFB Shoreditch fire station, City of London
Built in 1895, station B27, Shoreditch fire station, was located at 140 Tabernacle Street, near Old Street, City of London. The stations spare escape ladder is parked on the station forecourt

Background imageStations Collection: LCC-LFB Euston fire station

LCC-LFB Euston fire station
Opened in 1902, and originally only having two engine bays, Euston fire stations appliances and crews pose for a photograph by the extended five bay station on its forecourt in the Euston Road

Background imageStations Collection: LCC-LFB Woolwich fire station, SE London

LCC-LFB Woolwich fire station, SE London
The crew of Woolwich fire station, Sunbury Street, on parade on the station forecourt. WW2 is pending and an Auxiliary Fire Service fire engine is standing in the station next to the LFB pump escape

Background imageStations Collection: Acton Fire Brigade Station

Acton Fire Brigade Station

Background imageStations Collection: MFB Shadwell fire station, East London

MFB Shadwell fire station, East London
Opened in 1881, Shadwell fire station was located at 9 Glamis Road, Wapping

Background imageStations Collection: LCC-LFB Holloway fire station, N7

LCC-LFB Holloway fire station, N7
Built by the London County Council, Holloway fire station was located at 80-84 Mayton Street, with the side engine bay at 1A Hertslet Road

Background imageStations Collection: LCC-LFB Manchester Square fire station

LCC-LFB Manchester Square fire station
Manchester Square fire station, Chiltern Street, W1, built 1888, now closed. By 1900 a number of new fire stations were being opened across London: many were substantial and elegant buildings

Background imageStations Collection: GLC-LFB - Croydon vehicle workshops

GLC-LFB - Croydon vehicle workshops
The GLC-LFB was created on 1 April 1965. A series of photos was commissioned of each location, either within or absorbed into the enlarged London Fire Brigade

Background imageStations Collection: LCC-LFB engines and crews, Whitechapel fire station

LCC-LFB engines and crews, Whitechapel fire station
Located at 27 Commercial Road, East London, Whitechapel fire station opened in 1874. It was also a superintendent station (district headquarters) and was known as Station No 27

Background imageStations Collection: LCC-LFB Camden Town fire station, NW London

LCC-LFB Camden Town fire station, NW London
Camden Town fire station, one of the last stations built for the Metropolitan Fire Brigade in 1885. Call sign A3, and then A22

Background imageStations Collection: LCC-LFB Bishopsgate fire station, City of London

LCC-LFB Bishopsgate fire station, City of London
The pump, pump escape and turntable ladder, with their crews, on the forecourt of Bishopsgate fire station, City of London

Background imageStations Collection: Station map

Station map
Z Macaulays station map of the railways in Great Britain, 1854 Date: 1854

Background imageStations Collection: Beddington & Wallington Urban District Council fire brigade

Beddington & Wallington Urban District Council fire brigade
The Beddington and Wallington Urban District Council fire brigade

Background imageStations Collection: Station In London - Euston

Station In London - Euston
Euston- Station, London serving the London and North-Western Railway. The Euston Arch, built in 1837, was the original entrance to the station, facing onto Drummond Street. It was demolished in 1961

Background imageStations Collection: Advert, Southern Railway Excursions

Advert, Southern Railway Excursions
Advertisement for Southern Railway Excursions to Birmingham, Cambridge, Derby, Leicester, Nottingham, Rugby, Wolverhampton, etc, every Sunday from December to March

Background imageStations Collection: LCC-MFB Kentish Town fire station, NW London

LCC-MFB Kentish Town fire station, NW London
Built in 1885, Kentish Town fire station was located at Fortress Walk NW5. It remained operational until 1972 when it was closed and subsequently demolished

Background imageStations Collection: LCC-LFB Pageants Wharf fire station, Rotherhithe

LCC-LFB Pageants Wharf fire station, Rotherhithe
Built by the London County Council and opened in 1903, Pageants Wharf fire station still stands at 241 Rotherhithe Street, SE16

Background imageStations Collection: LCC-LFB Plumstead fire station, SE London

LCC-LFB Plumstead fire station, SE London
Situated in Plumstead High Street and opened in 1906, Plumstead fire station was one of the LCC boundary fire stations bordering onto the Kent Fire Brigade until 1965

Background imageStations Collection: LFDCA-LFB Vintage fire engine at Clapham fire station

LFDCA-LFB Vintage fire engine at Clapham fire station
A former Middlesex Fire Brigade pump escape at Clapham fire station. Middlesex was absorbed into the enlarged London Fire Brigade in 1965 with the creation of the Greater London Council

Background imageStations Collection: Roman Stations Map

Roman Stations Map
A map depicting the network of Roman settlements in Britain



All Professionally Made to Order for Quick Shipping