sales@mediastorehouse.com
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
 

Pilgrims Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 227 pictures in our Pilgrims collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Featured Print

Lourdes, France - The Virgin Crowned statue

Lourdes, France - The Statue of the Crowned Virgin, often known as the "Crowned Statue" (La Vierge Couronnee), standing across Rosary Square from the Rosary Basilica, facing the entrance. The statue, cast in bronze, is painted white and blue in the traditional colours and has a rosary in the Birgittine style incorporating six decades. Date: circa 1914

© Mary Evans / Grenville Collins Postcard Collection

Featured Print

Longest Day at Stonehenge, Wiltshire

People gathering at Stonehenge, Wiltshire on the longest day of the year, on or near 21 June 1912. This photograph shows a daybreak pilgrimage by members of The Universal Bond of the Sons of Men, or Church of the Universal Bond. This was a religious group founded in Britain in the early 20th century by George W MacGregor Reid, promoting socialist revolution, anti-imperialism and sun worship. By 1912 Reid was becoming attracted to Druidism, especially as Stonehenge was at the time regarded as a solar temple. His church began holding rituals there, and this continued until the site was given to the state in 1918. When the growing Stonehenge free festival caused the monument to be closed at midsummer in 1985, the Church faded into obscurity but has maintained a presence at the reopened solstice festivities since 2000.

© Mary Evans Picture Library

Featured Print

Coventry, Warwickshire, England - The Pilgrim's Rest Inn

Coventry, Warwickshire, England - The Pilgrim's Rest Inn on the corner of Pamer Street and Ironmonger Row. A hostel was erected in Palmer Lane for the lodging of pilgrims by the Benedicitne Priory of Coventry, bearing in mind that the first floor rooms over the west range of the Priory would have been used for the guest accommodation for the better class of pilgrims. This original Pilgrims Rest was demolished in 1820 and replaced by a new brick public house (pictured here) together with two dwelling houses. On the corner house a tablet was fixed saying: 'PALMER LANE - Upon this site stood the Western part of a large and very Ancient Edifice called THE PILGRIMS REST. It was supposed to have been the Hostel or Inn for The Maintenance and Entertainment of the Palmers And other Visitors to the Priory of Benedictine Monks which stood near to the Eastward. It became ruinous and was taken down AD MDCCCXX when this house was erected..... (this sign can be seen in the centre of the postcard). Demolished in 1936. Date: circa 1905

© Mary Evans / Grenville Collins Postcard Collection