Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004

Mansions Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 52 pictures in our Mansions collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


The Grand Staircase in Dorchester House Featured Print

The Grand Staircase in Dorchester House

Interior of Dorchester House at the time it was the residence of the American Ambassador in London, Mr Whitelaw Reid. Located on Park Lane, it was designed by Lewis Vulliamy for Robert Holford, built on the site of an earlier house belonging to the Earls of Dorchester in 1851 - 53. It was the residence of Mr. Whitelaw Reid, American Ambassador to the Court of St. James's, from 1905-13 and served as a hospital during World War I. One of the most impressive and palatial mansions in London, It contained a fine picture gallery, library and was particularly noted for its grand staircase. The house was sold in 1929 and demolished to make way for the Dorchester Hotel. Date: 1906

© Mary Evans Picture Library

Elizabethan Mansion Featured Print

Elizabethan Mansion

Pitchford Hall, Shropshire, a beautiful mansion, built between 1560 - 1570 by William Ottley, the Sherriff of Shropshire. It probably has a 14th or 15th century core. Date: 1950s

© Mary Evans Picture Library

14th, 1560, 1570, 15th, 1950s, Beautiful, Buildings, Built, Century, Chimney, Core, Domestic, Elizabethan, Grand, Hall, Historical, History, House, Mansion, Mansions, Ottley, Pitchford, Sherriff, Shropshire, Stacks, Timbered, Tudor, William

New mansions in Park Lane, 1903 Featured Print

New mansions in Park Lane, 1903

New mansions built in Park Lane in 1903, one of the most prestigious addresses in London. On the left is the home of Mr R. W. Hudson and on the right, that of Sir Edward Albert Sassoon. Sir Edward's house was built in 1895-6 by T. H.Smith and C. E. Sayer for Barney Barnato a South African. The house was 13, 000 square feet, had a four-storey-high marble staircase, a conservatory a winter garden and a ballroom. Later renumbered as 4 Park Lane, it became in the 1960s the home of the Playboy Club. It stood just across the street from the mock medieval mansion built for R.W. Hudson, the soap manufacturer, on the site of a dignified Queen Anne house which had belonged to the Earls of Lanesborough. Hudson's astonishing edifice, all stone curlicues and leaded Gothic windows, is the sole survivor today of Park Lane's era of plutocratic fantasy. Today it is a Barclay's Bank. Date: 1903

© Mary Evans Picture Library