sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
 

Haymarket Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 80 pictures in our Haymarket collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Featured Print

Tobacconist - Treyer and Fribourg

The famous (and charming) 18th century tobacco, cigar and snuff shop Treyer and Fribourg at 34 Haymarket, London, SW1. The shop enjoyed the patronage of George III, Pitt and many other famous statesmen. The owners sold the business to Imperial Tobacco who after a time said they could not afford the rent and moved premises to Regent Street. This shop also closed, but the name lived on for a while as Imperial Tobacco continued to market Treyer and Fribourg cigarettes. Snuff bearing the Treyer and Fribourg name is still available for purchase over the internet.

© Mary Evans Picture Library

Featured Print

Interior photograph of the Capitol Theatre in the Haymarket

Photograph of the interior of the Capitol Theatre in London's Haymarket. The Theatre was the first design by the now well known cinema architect Andrew Mather, who would go on to design the Odeon in Leicester Square with Harry Weedon. The Capitol Theatre was built for Sir Walter Gibbons who originally leased it to the Clavering Brothers for its opening on the 11th February 1925 with a showing of the Film 'The Miracle of the Wolves'. It was later leased to the General Theatres Corporation who would be taken over by Gaumont British Theatres in 1928. The Capitol Theatre seated 1, 550 people in its opulent Neo-Classical style auditorium. Date: 1925

© The Michael Diamond Collection / Mary Evans Picture Library

Featured Print

Theatre Royal, Haymarket

Promotional postcard for the Theatre Royal, Haymarket, London. The first theatre to defy the monopoly of the patent houses, the Little Theatre in the Hay (adjoining the present site) was built in 1720. It gained a limited patent in 1766-77 and was afterwards granted a special licence. The theatre was rebuilt on the present site by John Nash in 1821, closing the view from St Jamess Square. Date: circa 1900s

© The Michael Diamond Collection / Mary Evans Picture Library