Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004

Buckingham Shire Gallery

Available as Framed Photos, Canvas Prints, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 103 pictures in our Buckingham Shire collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Photos, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Stone Asylum, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire Featured Print

Stone Asylum, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire

Entrance to the Buckinghamshire County Lunatic Asylum at Stone, near Aylesbury. A porter stands at the right of the gateway. The asylum, designed by Thomas Henry Wyatt and David Brandon, was opened in 1853. It later became known as Buckinghamshire Mental Hospital, then St John's Hospital

© Mary Evans / Peter Higginbotham Collection

1850s, 1853, 1906, Asylum, Aylesbury, Brandon, Buckingham Shire, Care, County, David, Drive, Drive Way, Edwardian, Entrance, Gate, Gates, Gateway, Health, Henry, Historical, History, Hospital, Housing, John, Lunatic, Medical, Mental, Porter, Poverty, Psychiatric, St, Stone, Thomas, Victorian, Workhouse, Workhouses, Wyatt

Royal Wedding 1891 - Cliveden Featured Print

Royal Wedding 1891 - Cliveden

Cliveden, the seat of the Duke of Westminster near Taplow in Buckinghamshire, lent to Prince and Princess Aribert of Anhalt (the latter formerly Princess Marie Louise of Schleswig-Holstein, granddaughter of Queen Victoria) for their honeymoon following their marriage at St George's Chapel, Windsor on 6 July 1891. As the marriage was childless and annulled under mysterious circumstances in 1900, Cliveden perhaps didn't have a particularly romantic effect on the couple. Date: 1891

© Illustrated London News Ltd/Mary Evans

Hall Barn, Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire Featured Print

Hall Barn, Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire

A view of Hall Barn in Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire, at the time of the photograph the home of Lord Burnham -- Sir Edward Levy-Lawson, 1st Baronet, owner of the Daily Telegraph. King Edward VII and the Prince of Wales were planning to visit for a shooting party. In the 17th century the estate belonged to Edmund Waller, poet and statesman. From 1880 Levy-Lawson began to enlarge the house and remodel the gardens

© Mary Evans Picture Library