Skip to main content

Appliances Collection

Background imageAppliances Collection: LCC-LFB Dockhead fire station, Bermondsey

LCC-LFB Dockhead fire station, Bermondsey
Built by the London County Council (LCC) and opened in 1928, Dockhead fire station replaced two older Bermondsey fire stations that were closed down

Background imageAppliances Collection: Firefighters working at scene of pub fire, SE London

Firefighters working at scene of pub fire, SE London
Firefighters working at scene of pub fire, Eltham, SE London

Background imageAppliances Collection: Chris Reynolds Victorian fire engine cartoon

Chris Reynolds Victorian fire engine cartoon
Chris Reynolds was a fireman at Paddington fire station and a talented cartoon artist. He produced a series of LFB/MFB cartoons of which this is one

Background imageAppliances Collection: LCC-LFB Tooley Street fire station and its crews

LCC-LFB Tooley Street fire station and its crews
Built in 1879, and located at 165 Tooley Street, this station remained operational until 1928 when the new Dockhead fire station was opened and the engines and crews transferred there

Background imageAppliances Collection: Triplex Grate C Pattern

Triplex Grate C Pattern
The C-pattern TRIPLEX grate, with heated compartments above and to one side of the open fireplace which has a warming stand in front of it

Background imageAppliances Collection: Multi service emergency vehicles

Multi service emergency vehicles and their personnel

Background imageAppliances Collection: GLC-LFB - Dual purpose pump fire engine

GLC-LFB - Dual purpose pump fire engine
The GLC-LFB was created on 1 April 1965. A series of photos was commissioned of each type of fire engine, either within or absorbed into the enlarged London Fire Brigade

Background imageAppliances Collection: Swan Fountain Pens 1932

Swan Fountain Pens 1932
A selection of Swan pens for you to give your friends at Christmas, knowing that the pleasing hues give added charm to fine craftsmanship

Background imageAppliances Collection: Finchleys Zwicky Fire Engine

Finchleys Zwicky Fire Engine
Finchleys engine - a " Zwicky" built in Tottenhams council works around 1907 by Jean Zwicky who also designed it

Background imageAppliances Collection: LFB horse drawn steamer at modern LFB review

LFB horse drawn steamer at modern LFB review
Lambeth, headquarters of the London Fire Brigade, hosted annual displays and regular reviews of the Brigade. A popular feature was the inclusion of the working Victorian Shand Mason horse drawn steam

Background imageAppliances Collection: Firefighters on parade in front of their appliance

Firefighters on parade in front of their appliance during a visit by Queen Elizabeth II to the Headquarters of the London Fire Brigade, Lambeth

Background imageAppliances Collection: LCC-LFB Dual purpose pump escape at Lambeth HQ

LCC-LFB Dual purpose pump escape at Lambeth HQ
A Dennis F7 pump escape at Lambeth HQ, a classic postwar fire engine newly in service in London. It was powered by a 150 bhp 5.7 litre Rolls-Royce engine and served initially at Lambeth Fire Station

Background imageAppliances Collection: LCC-LFB Cannon Street fire station, City of London

LCC-LFB Cannon Street fire station, City of London
Cannon Street fire station was opened in 1906. Seen here are its three appliances on the station forecourt. Fire brigade horses had now been replaced by motorised fire appliances

Background imageAppliances Collection: LFCDA-LFB Fire Rescue tenders

LFCDA-LFB Fire Rescue tenders
The 1990s saw a new breed of fire rescue tenders, large and small, introduced into the London Fire Brigade. The heavy rescue unit carried a comprehensive range of cutting and spreading equipment

Background imageAppliances Collection: GLC-LFB New Lewisham fire station appliance room

GLC-LFB New Lewisham fire station appliance room
The appliance room of the newly commissioned Lewisham Fire Station, located in Lewisham High Street, SE London. Showing Lewishams appliances, a pump-escape, pump and emergency tender

Background imageAppliances Collection: Firefighters at the scene of a fire, Wildcroft Manor

Firefighters at the scene of a fire, Wildcroft Manor
Firefighters at the scene of a fire at Wildcroft Manor, Putney Heath, SW London

Background imageAppliances Collection: Croydon Fire Brigade at Brigade HQ, Croydon Town

Croydon Fire Brigade at Brigade HQ, Croydon Town
The horse drawn steam pump form Croydon fire station. This was one of three stations in the Croydon Fire Brigade, the other two being Thornton Heath and South Norwood

Background imageAppliances Collection: LCC-LFB Dennis motorised Hatfield fire engine

LCC-LFB Dennis motorised Hatfield fire engine
LCC-London Fire Brigade, Dennis motorised Hatfield fire engine with crew

Background imageAppliances Collection: LCC-LFB Bishopsgate fire station, City of London

LCC-LFB Bishopsgate fire station, City of London
Bishopsgate fire station, located at 162 Bishopsgate, City of London, 10 July 1904, showing the combination of horse drawn and mechanised fire engines

Background imageAppliances Collection: LCC-MFB, HQ station, Southwark SE1

LCC-MFB, HQ station, Southwark SE1
The new headquarters of the Metropolitan Fire Brigade (MFB) opened in 1878 under its Chief Officer Captain Eyre Massey Shaw

Background imageAppliances Collection: AFS despatch rider and messenger, WW2

AFS despatch rider and messenger, WW2
An AFS (Auxiliary Fire Service) despatch rider and messenger on a motorbike at an LFS sub-station during the Second World War

Background imageAppliances Collection: NFS 60ft hand-operated turntable ladder, WW2

NFS 60ft hand-operated turntable ladder, WW2
An Austin K4-Merryweather 60 foot hand-operated turntable ladder (TL). A total of 50 such appliances were built and mounted on Austin K4 chassis for the Home Office between 1942 and 1943

Background imageAppliances Collection: Blitz in London -- Regulars and Auxiliaries side by side

Blitz in London -- Regulars and Auxiliaries side by side
Regular London firefighters side by side with their Auxiliary (AFS) counterparts at Tottenham fire station. The building next door is Tottenham Town Hall

Background imageAppliances Collection: Acton Volunteer Fire Brigade with appliances

Acton Volunteer Fire Brigade with appliances
District Council of Acton Volunteer Fire Brigade with appliances typical of those used at the time: a horse drawn steamer, horse drawn manual pump, horse drawn escape, hand wheeled escape

Background imageAppliances Collection: LCC-LFB enclosed pump at Lambeth fire station

LCC-LFB enclosed pump at Lambeth fire station
Pictured at Brigade Headquarters, Lambeth SE1, an example of an 1930 enclosed London pump with carried breathing apparatus

Background imageAppliances Collection: LCC-LFB Euston fire station

LCC-LFB Euston fire station
Opened in 1902, and originally only having two engine bays, Euston fire stations appliances and crews pose for a photograph by the extended five bay station on its forecourt in the Euston Road

Background imageAppliances Collection: LCC-LFB Woolwich fire station, SE London

LCC-LFB Woolwich fire station, SE London
The crew of Woolwich fire station, Sunbury Street, on parade on the station forecourt. WW2 is pending and an Auxiliary Fire Service fire engine is standing in the station next to the LFB pump escape

Background imageAppliances Collection: Princess Diana, William and Harry meeting firefighters

Princess Diana, William and Harry meeting firefighters
Princess Diana and her sons, Princes William and Harry, meeting firefighters at the The Blitz Remembered Service at St Pauls Cathedral, London, on 25 October 1990

Background imageAppliances Collection: Volunteer Fire Brigade with appliances

Volunteer Fire Brigade with appliances typical of those used at the time: a horse drawn steamer, horse drawn manual pump, horse drawn escape, hand wheeled escape, and a hose cart

Background imageAppliances Collection: LCC-MFB Shadwell fire station, East London

LCC-MFB Shadwell fire station, East London
Opened in 1881, Shadwell fire station was located at 9 Glamis Road, Wapping. Seen here are the firemen posing with their two horse drawn escape carts

Background imageAppliances Collection: LCC-LFB Kennington fire station, Lambeth

LCC-LFB Kennington fire station, Lambeth
Built by the London County Council, Kennington fire station was located in Renfrew Road, Lower Kennington, South London. Seen here are its horse drawn escape ladder

Background imageAppliances Collection: GLC-LFB appliance fleet -- Emergency Tender

GLC-LFB appliance fleet -- Emergency Tender
The GLC-LFB was created on 1 April 1965. A series of photos was commissioned of each type of fire engine, either within or absorbed into the enlarged London Fire Brigade

Background imageAppliances Collection: GLC-LFB appliance fleet -- Emergency Tender

GLC-LFB appliance fleet -- Emergency Tender
The GLC-LFB was created on 1 April 1965. A series of photos was commissioned of each type of fire engine, either within or absorbed into the enlarged London Fire Brigade

Background imageAppliances Collection: GLC-LFB appliance fleet -- a foam tender

GLC-LFB appliance fleet -- a foam tender
The GLC-LFB was created on 1 April 1965. A series of photos was commissioned of each type of fire engine, either within or absorbed into the enlarged London Fire Brigade

Background imageAppliances Collection: GLC-LFB - Foam Tender at East Ham

GLC-LFB - Foam Tender at East Ham
The GLC-LFB was created on 1 April 1965. A series of photos was commissioned of each type of fire engine, either within or absorbed into the enlarged London Fire Brigade

Background imageAppliances Collection: GLC-LFB - Dual purpose pump fire engine

GLC-LFB - Dual purpose pump fire engine
The GLC-LFB was created on 1 April 1965. A series of photos was commissioned of each type of fire engine, either within or absorbed into the enlarged London Fire Brigade

Background imageAppliances Collection: GLC-LFB - Dual purpose pump-escape fire engine

GLC-LFB - Dual purpose pump-escape fire engine
The GLC-LFB was created on 1 April 1965. A series of photos was commissioned of each type of fire engine, either within or absorbed into the enlarged London Fire Brigade

Background imageAppliances Collection: GLC-LFB - Dual purpose pump-escape fire engine

GLC-LFB - Dual purpose pump-escape fire engine
The GLC-LFB was created on 1 April 1965. A series of photos was commissioned of each type of fire engine, either within or absorbed into the enlarged London Fire Brigade

Background imageAppliances Collection: LCC-LFB Lambeth fire station with appliances

LCC-LFB Lambeth fire station with appliances
Lambeth fire station (Brigade Headquarters) with pump-escape, pump and 100 foot turntable ladder. The station had three other appliances: an emergency tender, breakdown lorry and canteen van

Background imageAppliances Collection: LCC-LFB engines and crews, Whitechapel fire station

LCC-LFB engines and crews, Whitechapel fire station
Located at 27 Commercial Road, East London, Whitechapel fire station opened in 1874. It was also a superintendent station (district headquarters) and was known as Station No 27

Background imageAppliances Collection: LCC-LFB Merryweather self-propelled Hatfield pump

LCC-LFB Merryweather self-propelled Hatfield pump
Merryweather Hatfield pump, with crew. This was one of the first motorised fire engines used by the London Fire Brigade, capable of 30 mph

Background imageAppliances Collection: LCC-MFB horse-drawn steamer at Southwark

LCC-MFB horse-drawn steamer at Southwark
A horse-drawn steamer and crew at Southwark fire station, during the latter years of the Metropolitan Fire Brigade (it was renamed the London Fire Brigade in 1904)

Background imageAppliances Collection: LCC-LFB Dennis motorised fire pump and crew

LCC-LFB Dennis motorised fire pump and crew
The introduction of the Dennis fire appliances would see the creation of dual-purpose fire engines capable of carrying either the 50 foot wheeled escape or, as here, adapted as a pump

Background imageAppliances Collection: LCC-LFB Merryweather self-propelled Fire King pump

LCC-LFB Merryweather self-propelled Fire King pump
First introduced into the UK by Merryweather of Greenwich, SE London, in 1899, by 1907 twenty-one Fire Kings were in operational use around the country, including the London Fire Brigade

Background imageAppliances Collection: Sub-station with taxis and crews, WW2

Sub-station with taxis and crews, WW2
A typical London Fire Brigade sub-station watch and their equipment. Taxis were used as makeshift fire engines which towed trailer pumps

Background imageAppliances Collection: LCC-LFB Bishopsgate fire station, City of London

LCC-LFB Bishopsgate fire station, City of London
The pump, pump escape and turntable ladder, with their crews, on the forecourt of Bishopsgate fire station, City of London

Background imageAppliances Collection: LFB wartime emergency appliance and trailer pump, WW2

LFB wartime emergency appliance and trailer pump, WW2
A Fordson Unit and trailer pump at the London Fire Brigade headquarters, Lambeth. These were just some of the 2000 adapted vehicles utilised as AFS fire appliances

Background imageAppliances Collection: Beddington & Wallington Urban District Council fire brigade

Beddington & Wallington Urban District Council fire brigade
The Beddington and Wallington Urban District Council fire brigade



All Professionally Made to Order for Quick Shipping